How to Fix: How to Turn Off the Toucan Camera or Video Doorbell
At Toucan, we read customer feedback and monitor inquiries so we are able to assist our customers to better understand their Wireless Outdoor Camera and Wireless Video Doorbell.
So the big question we get is: How do I turn off my Toucan Outdoor Camera/Video Doorbell?
We have rolled out a few new features over the last year to help turn off certain features of your device depending on your different needs.
1. Turning off Notifications with "Do Not Disturb"
To turn off the notifications on your outdoor camera or doorbell camera, you can utilize the "Do Not Disturb" feature under your camera settings. This will turn off any notifications from the Toucan app to your smart phone but will continue to record events.
- To go to the "Do Not Disturb" option
- Go to the camera you want to turn off notifications for
- Click the gear icon to go into you setting
- Choose the "Do Not Disturb" item at the top.
2. Turning off the motion sensor and notifications with "Snooze"
If you are in the front/backyard and in front of your camera often but don't want to waste your outdoor security camera or video doorbell battery, the "Snooze" option turns off the motion sensor recording and notifications and will conserve your battery during this time for up to 5 hours.
The "Snooze" option still allows you to stream on the Live Feed of the app, so you can still get a full view from your device when you click on the camera. This is a great option if you don't want to turn off the whole device and restart it later but quickly turn off the other features through the app.
To activate the "Snooze" feature:
- Click on the timer icon on the camera(s) you want to "Snooze"
- You will then be presented with different options of how long you would like to turn off your Wireless Outdoor Camera and Wireless Video Doorbell from 1 hour to 5 hours.
If you want to turn off the camera for over 5 hours, we have a Snooze Schedule button that can work as your on and off switch. If you want the camera off at certain times of day weekly, you able to do so with this feature automatically and customize which days you want this schedule on.
Want to use it as an off and on button? Here is a trick!
- Go to your Toucan camera settings > Motion Detection > Snooze Schedule
- Place your schedule from 0:00 to 23:59
- Turn on the toggle and make sure the repeat is on "Every day"
- Your camera is officially off! Toggle the on/off button to turn on and off your "schedule" when you want to activate it again. The schedule saves so you are able to go back and forth as you please.
3. Completely powering off the Toucan camera
To fully power off the Toucan device to where it’s inaccessible to stream, record, or function is done by:
- Pushing the pinhole button (labeled RST) under the flap (on top on the Wireless Outdoor Camera, on the back on the Wireless Video Doorbell).
- You can then power it back on by just quickly pressing the SET button on the device.
If you have any questions on turning off your device or managing your device, please comment below or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!